468x60

.

Whiten Up, will ya?

July 16, 2008


I once complained I had no shoes, till I met a man who had no feet.

That's how I felt watching this video and others like that of skin-whitening products in India.

Its ironic I finally got a new Covergirl foundation compact that matches my complexion perfectly, then saw this video posted by the fabulous Awkward founder Sammy Davis

I just sat at the screen after watching this, like, woah. Ponds? for real? My man will leave me if I dont lighten up?



And it has to be so much harder not to buy into this BS, when the media is telling you it straight to your face. Making me even more thankful to have empowered women in this country.


If it weren't bad enough your man will leave you, they even have ones where your parents will love you more, if you lighten up. they dont show you all those people with blotchy GRAY skin after trying these products. I dont even want to see what their ads in Africa look like.


Ponds officially needs to be protested by all women. Ill start.

I need to send some Tupac asap to ladies who actually by into this crap.

You see the blacker the berry . . . the sweeter the juice . . .. Keep your head up!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous said...:

    omg...this is a sad sad case, not only do they do it in Japan, but now in the middle East, where alot of them Bamas are darker than dark...they need to get some sister juice in them.
    A sistah juice is juice that I figure sistah's I know drink, because I've never met a whole race of women that can be so strong, so beautiful, so full of light, so independent, so demuring, so everything, after all they have gone through. So I figure there must be some type of juice you all intake daily. Let's send a shipment to India ASAP!

  1. brandi said...:

    Wow that is the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. Yeeeea.... definitely boycotting Ponds right along with you.

  1. Anonymous said...:

    WOW. That's really sad. :( It's crazy how in most cultures (not just in America), the darker skinned group of people are considered less desirable or the "bad" people of the region. Why does everyone struggle to look white (esp when white women spend all their time tanning, getting butt and lip implants, etc)? I'm glad that black women seem to be embracing themselves and their skin and image more these days (or so it seems) and I look forward to the day where every race can realize its own beauty.