468x60

.

Don't get fired on your day off - learn from Craig

July 5, 2006

The fourth of July was great. I slept in after flying in to Chicago yesterday only to change clothes and go right back out when I get back to my room. What can I say. Duty (read Zenitra) called and it was time for me to go party hard and promote harder. Did I mention during all the partying last night and chilling at the Fourth of July bbq today I am coughing and hoarse with what could very well be strep throat. But back to my don't get fired title. I know I can't get fired b/c theoretically I don't even have a real job, but I do have a nice freelance assignment that I have procrastinated the hell out of. Partly because I have been so busy. And the other part is that I have not made the time to get it done. The problem is I know myself too well. I know I can bang out a 500 word article in a short time. But that doesn't mean I should. So even though I did all my research, I will spend tomorrow getting the rest of my interviews done and tomorrow evening tightening up the piece. But tomorrow is the problem. And tomorrow I will pay. Through all my weekend fun in Chicago and hard partying in NY I didn't check my schedule. Tomorrow they are playing 'Mean Girls' in the park and I probably wont even get to go. I LOVE that movie and because I procrastinated like only a selfish, back stabbing, slut face hoe bag would do, I probably wont even get to go. On one hand I wish I had done things differently but the procrastinator in me who won't even admit that she is a procrastinator and just makes up excuses thinks I lived up my first fourth of July in NY and have been just making the most of a fantastic summer. Maybe they both are right. Just wish they would have figured out a way for me to have fun, write the article and still make it to mean girls. maybe next time.

so fetch,
Queen-t0-be
(whose middle name is spelled the way Katie should be spelled)

0 comments: