468x60

.

Screaming to the top of my lungs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 8, 2006
That's what I'm doing right now. If your vote is your voice than I'm def yelling. After listening to my congresswoman Cynthia McKinney and her run-off opponent on the radio yesterday morning I was pumped and ready to utilize my most important American right - voting.
After taking my cousin to a job fair this morning, it wasn't until I picked him up and heard the reminder on the radio to vote that I remembered my right - my duty.
It felt good to cast my ballot and I wore my 'Im a Georgia Voter' sticker with pride! Black folks' relationship with voting is so important and its disrespectful to all those who fought and died not to use what they worked so hard for. I have this picture I copied from my asst. editor at work that was so powerful Ill have to put on here once Im back at school and get my printer/scanner hooked up. Its of three older south african women walking on a dirt road to vote for Nelson Mandela. On first glance they just look huddled and tired as they walk with house dresses and head scarves. On the 2nd glance you notice the two on the end are so huddled because they are carrying the older woman in the middle who only as one leg. Now they recognize that the vote really is your voice. So, excuse me as I scream and hope others join in!

0 comments: