468x60

.

Fabulous and Single

July 30, 2009
I adore Tai Beauchamp and was excited to feature my mentor and friend with her new show "Holidate," airing on SoapNet on Wednesdays.

For our interview we got into why someone as fabulous, accomplished and gorgeous was single - and how annoying it is for someone to ask you why you are single when its not a disease, just a simple circumstance of not yet meeting that somebody special.

A couple of months back I attended a Alvin Ailey African dance class one Saturday morning with her and another fabulous young woman in the city. Afterwards, we grabbed lunch and great girl talk ensued. I gushed on Sherlock. Tai told me she had been engage when she was around the age I am now and how she called it off, knowing she wasnt ready to make that step. She shared how much more growing she has done since then and now she is the person she would want to be for a partner. Along with pancakes, I nibbled on her food for thought.

*That's her with the fab bangs at a dinner two years ago she hosted for young women in media. Good times

1 comments:

  1. Arlice Nichole said...:

    Tai is fabulous! I've been admiring her career since Vibe Vixen. I also love the show.