468x60

.

AHHHHH man

January 7, 2008

That's the final line in the Color Purple on Broadway.

Me and Sierra got up early Sunday morning to get tickets for the final show of Fantasia in Color Purple on Broadway. Well it was an interesting experience indeed but what matters most is we got the tickets!! I had seen the show twice before but never with Fanny.

I guess I was one of the shows she miss since folks were saying she missed a bunch. I love the show every time and want to make it a daily ritual each time. My fave parts are always Squeak, Harpo and Sophia getting frisky on is there any little thannng I can do for you:) and You told Harpo to beat me. It was a great time and getting raisinets (this was pre my Kanye work out plan . . .I went on to lose 3lbs this week) I bump into my best friend's mom, Mama Ms. Toni!! She has on this fab top and doesnt mine telling me its from her recent trip to China for three weeks. My BFF and the fam were in town for a special hook up they have and her mom and aunt were sitting in the balcony boxes. 

Fantasia tore it up in her final show and I can't wait to go back and see my girl Chaka as Sophia!!

Later that night I hit Village Underground and have a ball. This lady does Tina Turner Rolling on the River better than my beloved Angela B. Once she does a hand stand it's time for me to go. This young and soulful girl does 'My Funny Valentine' and I am in heaven! LOVE that song.  . .even when Kyle Barker sand it to Max on Living Single. Yes, I still ride the Maverick;)

Live entertainment is good for the soul.

Seeing Fantasia do the soulja boy 'yule' during her final curtain call isn't something I will soon forget:)

Celie lives eternally.

Super soak who? Not a queen:)

2 comments:

  1. Jameil said...:

    that play was so ridiculously fabulous. i can't believe you keep going back! how fun!

  1. SDT said...:

    "I still ride the Maverick." HA!! HA!! It's a good thing I'm at the office by myself because I really did laugh loud as hell on that one.

    Sounds like I need to get to NYC to hang with you! :)