468x60

.

Marcus Dahhhling . . . .

December 26, 2008

Earth Kitt's legacy will definitely live on. At Christmas dinner in Mount Vernon today (a great time and my first Jamaican Christmas meal . . . and now I know Jamaican fruit cake is really rum cake), among the many crazy topics discussed was her passing and how our generation knows her more from Boomerang and other 90s cameos, including Living Single which just came on this week. I remember seeing pictures of her on the red carpet a few months back and all I could think was look at those legs! She was sexy and still a class act and opened the door a little wider for what defined a Black woman.

I also remember researching her a while back to see if she was married to a White man to go in a interracial gallery I was working on and though her daughter's father was white she had not been married. I remember looking at pictures of her and her daughter and her daughter's children and thinking what an interesting picture they made. My condolences to their family. And my thankfulness that today's interracial children get a little more acceptance than what Eartha received growing up. God is love.

2 comments:

  1. Eb the Celeb said...:

    Lady Eloise was so on point... I loved her in Boomerang... She will truly be missed! RIP

  1. SDT said...:

    i never even knew she was multi-racial until i read her obituary.