468x60

.

My daughter . . .

March 5, 2009

Isn't she beautiful?

Just celebrated her 6 birthday . . .
in the hospital. Because she was recently diagnosed with a tough strand of leukemia. No she's not really my daughter, but reading her story I felt pulled to her. A little girl who we have the chance to save, by simply getting tested if our bone marrow matches. She was adopted as a child and has been taking her chemo like a champ.

I can only imagine what her mom and other family are going through watching her little body fight this deadly disease. That's why the chance to actually do something and save her is so special. They only swab your mouth which is awesome news. When I was diagnosed with cancer, they had to do this test where they check your bone to see if cancer has started forming there. By far the most painful 20 minutes of my whole life as they hold you down and stick a needle all the way into your bone on your back, with the strict instructions not to move, unless you want to be paralyzed. See, a swab doesn't sound so bad? This little girl is so brave and Yes We Can save her. I'm going Saturday, and if you are in NYC I hope you come too!!

Jasmina's donor drive will be held Saturday at Public School 41 (116 W. 11th St.) from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. For more information, contact DKMS, a nonpprofit marrow donor center: (866)-340-3567.

2 comments:

  1. Radical Selfie said...:

    It's great that you're sharing this information (and your personal survival story, wow!). She's officially in my prayers.

  1. What a powerful story. I pray for both you and "your daughter."