468x60

.

Miss a day, Miss a lot

December 12, 2007

That's how I feel about life, and yes I stole that from Wendy Williams. In the last week I have been on an emotional roller coaster. I'm still hanging out at the top of the hill for now and loving it!
Blame Whitney for the lack of posts as she came to town Sunday once and for all forcing me to deal with the mess I called a room.
This weekend I had lunch Saturday with my buddy Kristin. Check her shout out in the December Editor's Letter of Real Simple. Teacake Julee also did a fab write up on animal prints in the issue, pg 203.
Sunday I had brunch with Truc and Stephanie, my Conde' buddies. All the talk with fellow mag buddies had me feeling excited all over again to live in NY and work in magazines (though folks it's work, HARD work).
Monday was a great day. My article with Jaheim posted. My first work holiday party was a blast - and I even got called up with the 30 dates in 30 days group when they did special shout outs. I was so proud of Cynthia too. For a second we had planned to participate in the staff talent show with the prize being a $1,000 cash. Well, work didn't give me time to learn Salt N Pepa's 'Respect Yourself' so I pulled out. Things work out the way they are suppose to because we both ended up with a little bonus sans office embarrassment:) Watching my superiors and colleagues dirty wind and soulja boy was a sight for my tired eyes.

Last night I went to this Christmas party for the Rush foundation. I am interviewing Danny Simmons in this small dressing room and in comes his brother, Russell. I interview him as his pretty young thing sits on the arm of the chair and am really feeling some of the things he is saying. His nephew Diggy definitely is charismatic and those little girls were so cute screaming for the youngins. Fat Man Scoop hits the stage in a Santa suit and his wife Shanda hooked up this pseudo Ms.Claus get up. I was a lot better at networking then I have been at past events.

Today it was back to the dentist and continuing to keep my tentacles connected. Got some freelance work I have to finish and am finishing up my Christmas cards. Email me your addy if you want to be added to the list.

And oh yeah, Check page 77 in the latest Essence to see my byline for What Men Think. Gotta love approaching Black men to ask them about women!!

4 comments:

  1. Claire said...:

    Just checking out your blog. Good stuff, great reads!
    Are you from Atlanta??? If so, I had nooooo idea!
    We must chit chat.
    --Claire
    The Fashion Bomb

  1. Bsquared said...:

    Hey, Cynthia and I were suppose to be Salt-N-Pepa! LOL I guess one of us could have been Spin...

  1. Jameil said...:

    yay for essence bylines!! that's fab c!! loooove the simmonses! hurray for good office parties, too. i wouldn't know anything abt those.

  1. yay! lets exchange xmas cards. i'll FB you.