468x60

.

Big Poppa

January 16, 2009

"Notorious" hits theaters today. I had the pleasure to interview much of the cast including Naturi Naughton, Antonique Smith, Derek Luke, Anthonie Mackie and Biggie's mom Mrs. Wallace before Christmas and man, oh man, was it an unforgettable feeling. You could feel the energy of Biggie with them all, especially Jamal Woodard who plays him. Watching the big actor through a crack in the door as he interviewed with BET before me, humbled me as it sunk what the lost of Biggie meant for so many. And thinking how much the rapper accomplished before his death at the young age of 24 had me feeling I better step it up.
Anthony was much like his onscreen characters full of energy and wisecracks. And Derek Luke made my night after a great talk and I respect him even more for the great respect he has for his craft. He asked for my card so he could be sure to check out the piece afterward. He could have thrown it away as soon as he walked out the room with his beautiful wife, but it was the first time a celebrity I interviewed seemed really interested in the final piece and that I had asked interesting questions they hadn't heard ten times before.

The movie definitely took me back and so nostalgic for 90s Bad Boy

1 comments:

  1. Arlice Nichole said...:

    I went to see the movie the day it came out. They all did a good job. By the way, your blog design is hot!